Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Asparagus Stuffed Chicken & Collard Greens

Dinner the other night was asparagus stuffed chicken with collard greens. It was SO delicious; we will absolutely be making this meal again!


For the collard greens, I saw this original recipe on Instagram (below). My husband has taken a liking to collard greens, so I knew I had to try this out! I used a whole bunch of collard greens, but upped the broth to about a cup and a half (enough for the greens to boil). Also, I used chicken broth!


I stumbled across this "Asparagus Stuffed Coconut Chicken" recipe online and thought it looked delicious! However, I had to do some altering to fit our dietary needs. I still followed the recipe instructions, just changed the ingredients up some. My changes are in red below:
  • 2- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon basil (more or less to liking)
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 1 dash salt (more or less to liking)
  • 1 dash pepper (more or less to liking)
  • ~16 spear asparagus (2 or 3 per each wrap)
  • 1 large egg white (substitute)
When we made this recipe, I didn't notice the coconut flakes weren't in the ingredient list, but I will be adding into the mix the next time I make it!

~Rachel_unrefined

No comments:

Post a Comment