Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Support

Last fall, during one of my cross Texas road trips between College Station and Dallas, I spotted the most beautiful tree.  Maybe this is my nerdy horticulture side coming out, but this tree looked to be the most perfect tree.  It had a perfect shape, a good proportion of trunk to brush and was in the middle of a gorgeous field off the highway.  However, it wasn't until I approached this tree that I actually realized this tree was comprised of at least three trees, growing close together.

I was initially bummed; what I thought was the perfect tree was really 3+  scrawny trees. Then the Lord revealed to me how each of those trees worked together to form perfection. One grew thin and tall and had all of its leaves in the upper canopy.  One tree grew on the left side, another grew more towards the right.  These trees would be incomplete on their own, but rather were a perfect fit together.

This realization came during a time when I was facing frustrations and thought I could handle everything on my own (surprise, surprise).  Instead, I realized I needed the support from my friends and family; their expertise, advice and guidance for my hiccups in life.  I wasn't alone in the game of life; rather, I had a handful of friends to help form a complete support group.

Up close we all have our issues, troubles, problems, inefficiencies and lack of knowledge.  But when we combine our experiences, love and knowledge with others, we can help create the perfect form of friendship to help each other out during our times of need. Someone will be there for you when you need an answer, a shoulder to cry on, a pat on the back or just need to rant.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Blessings,
RR

No comments:

Post a Comment