Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stopping to smell the Roses

Lately I have been way too caught up in wedding planning and house remodeling/decorating. Just the other day I realized how quickly March and April have gone by. Looking forward to the future, whether it's being married, having furniture, having a garden, having our friends back in DFW is actually addicting. I've been constantly focused and wishing it was the summer that I've let almost a third of 2012 fly by me. What could I have done instead of looking toward the future? Spend more time with friends and family here? Visited college friends more? Learned to play the piano, again?

My point is, I personally get ahead of myself by planning in my calendar, checkbook and to-do list. I spend so much time planning I forget to enjoy the present time. I've been this way for years: "once I'm in college... When I have an apartment...after I get a job...when I'm living in my own apartment...after I've graduated from college...when we have furniture...after The wedding... THEN I'll be able to do this/enjoy life/relax."

My goal for the rest of the year? Learn to slow down, stop and smell the roses. I only live this life once, I need to stop planning for the future and live in the now.

So, how do I add that in my to-do list? Should I schedule smelling the roses every Tuesday evening? How much will that cost me to buy roses? ;)

Constantly learning and looking towards Heaven for help in this life.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment